Tuesday, December 23, 2014

2014 Favorites!

Hi guys! So today I saw Katytastics (on YouTube) video of her favorite books of 2014. If you want to watch it, here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjrLuLLzYvM

So I decided that I wanted to make one of my own 2014 favorites too! I also will be using her categories.

1) The Best New Series
So I feel like the best new series is The Murder Complex series by Lindsay Cummings. I loved The Murder Complex. It was so amazing and wonderful. It made me cry, laugh, feel the feelings of all the feels..... yes. This was such an amazing story and I NEED THE DEATH CODE RIGHT NOW!! AHHHHHH!!!

2) The Best Installment in a Series
I feel like this award goes to The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancy. I loved this book. All it did was make me crave for the third and FINAL book in this trilogy. Can I just point out how much fun Evan and Cassie's relationship is? The banter.... I love it so so much!!!

3) The Best Series Finale
This award goes to, without a doubt, City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare. Cassie really knows how to tell a story and how to rap it up. This book made me cry through the entire thing and I am so grateful that I have this series in my life. I loved this book and I am so excited to read all of her books.

4) Best Stand Alone Fantasy
Now I do have some stand alone fantasy books, but the only problem is that I haven't read them yet. I have read one but it does have companion novels. Oh well, I'll count it as a stand alone. So this award goes to Grave Mercy by Robin LaFeveres. I loved this book so much. It was so fun and funny and sweet and kick butt!! AGHHH!! I cannot wait to read the other companion novels.

5) Best Contemporary Novel
This award goes to How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff. I Loved this book so so so much. It was so cute with the romance and taught me so much about how family is so important and just this book was so heart warming and wrenching at the same time. This was an amazing story.

6) Best Fantasy
This award goes to Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas. This book.. UUUUUUUGHH. The plot line was such a page turner and the characters were so funny and sweet and kick butt!! I really loved this story and how it was told and Sarah, wow, you are one talented person.

7) Best Adult Book
Don't own any.... oops?

8) Best Middle Grade Novel
Now for this one, I didn't finish but when I was reading it, I was having soo much fun! So this award goes to Dormia by Jake Halpern and Peter Kujawinski... I am so sorry Peter, I probably spelled your last name wrong! Sorry!! I was reading this to my cousin and it was super fun and funny and weird and mysterious and cool! I really like this series and I definitely want to continue on with it!

9) Prettiest Book
Now this is a tie between These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner and Alienated by Melissa Landers. Here they are:
    
Aren't they just gorgeous?

10) Best Book Overall
The best book of 2014, according to me, is *drum roll* LUX BEGINNINGS BY JENNIFER L ARMENTROUT! This book made me laugh and cry and feel all nice and tingly inside. Jen can really tell a story with such grace and charm and beauty. This didn't take any time at all to become my favorite series. I am so happy that I read this and I wouldn't trade that experience for the world.

EXTRA CATEGORIES 

11) Worst Book of 2014
Now this award goes to one of my school books. Tangerine by Edward Bloor. I had many problems with this book, those mainly being:
Couldn't relate to the characters
No plot line that I could really see
Too many things all happened at once
They never answered any questions, just added more questions that were never answered.
I really didn't like this book.

12) Best Book to Move Adaptation
Mockingjay Part 1. Holy crap. I walked out of the movie theater frazzled. I was suprised about how perfect this adaptation was. In my opinion, this book needed to be stretched out longer. It needed to be more than 390 pages long. And I am so happy that this movie is in 2 parts. In the book, all we really saw was Katniss's point of view, but in the movie we saw President Snow, Gayle, Peeta, etc and that really did the book justice. We got to go into more detail that way and that was so helpful to the audience who hasn't read the book, and to the fans.

13) Most Anticipated Book to Movie Adaptation of 2015
MOCKINGJAY PART 2 PEOPLE!!! These book to movie adaptations are my favorite ever in the entire world. They are so faithful to the books and so awesome! I just.... ahhhh! I need this right now.

14) Most anticipated book release of 2015
Now there are so many books that I am excited about in 2015, but if I had to chose, it would be Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. I - I'm so pumped I just-

So that is all for my favorite books of 2014! Thank you so much for the support! Love you all! Bye!
xxx
-Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment